3. What do you think babies can do when they are born?
4. How can babies let us know what it is they want or need?
This is Torin when he was just a few minutes old
1. Human babies can be born any time of year. Torin was born in November.
2. Most babies weigh between 5 pounds, 8 ounces (2.5kg - about 800 tea bags) and 8 pounds, 13 ounces (4kg - 3 Darth Vader masks.) Torin weighed 6 pounds, 8 ounces or 3kg, which is the same as 4 iPads.
3. Babies cry, sleep and will look at what is around them, but they can't really see anything which is further away than 30 cm, that is as long as one of the school rulers. They usually have their arms and legs bundled up because that is the position they are used to being in. When babies are first born they also want to eat.
4. Babies can't talk when they are born so if there is anything they want or need they will cry.